Monday 4 June 2012

Jubilicious!

The long weekend of the Jubilee celebrations has once again separated the nation. Not those that have got the bank holidays off and those not, but those that wave their flags happily and those that would take the queer old deen's head 'orf.

From A Small Mind's opinion I am more than happy with the Royal family. Yesterday saw an event that only a country with a Royal family could herald. Yes it rained, yes it was grim, but only the most miserable of people could not be inspired by the sights on the Thames yesterday. I make no bones about the fact that I enjoyed it. I do not need to defend myself.

I am happier with a Queen than I would be with a Queen, sorry President Cameron. For those complaining about the cost of this unelected monstrosity, what the hell would you spend that 50 odd pence on if not them? If they gave you back that 50p you could buy another can of beer I suppose and that would make you proud and bring the tourists in to watch you fall on your arse drunk.

The old boating fun yesterday has also come under fire for that other enforced so-called monster that is the BBC. Yes it was dumbed down as Stephen Fry and many others tweeted, but sadly that is the case with all TV now. The world sadly demands it, there are not enough of us intellects(!) about any more to warrant "proper" telly. Imagine how ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5 (who of course we don't pay for, yeah, right...) would have shown the event. Ant and Dec standing dancing about on Waterloo Bridge and the X-Factor man shouting "HERE COMES ANOTHER BOAT!". Channel 4 would have Ortis Deley falling over his lines and probably the side of the bridge screaming. While on Channel 5 we would have commentary sanctioned by Richard "tits out" Desmond heralding the appearance of the the Duchess of Cambridge nips as the cold took its toll, and the cameraman told to get a good shot of Pippa's arse.

"Some more boats after this break."

Anyway, I was happy with the event. I am not that much of a monarchist that I would stand out in the rain waving my flag watching boats pass, although it is true to say that I did spend time yesterday at a Jubilee Picnic standing in a field in the rain (a guilty habit). As I sank knee deep in mud I thought thank you Ma'am for making this happen.

******

As a side note to the event yesterday, special mention has to go to Bob Hale of Horrible Histories for his stirring performance live in the rain telling us a potted history of the Thames. Here it is once again:


No comments:

Post a Comment